Just a quick update today while I pat myself on the back for all I’ve managed to accomplish in this, the 1st month of the rest of my life.
Having declared 2014 was to be the year I became a Writer (with all its crazy 21st century trappings), I spent January 1st-10th reading massive quantities of advice in print and online. Since then I have ventured outside my comfort zone and into the unknown. To show for it:
- My newly face-lifted blog has over 200 followers already! (Thank you, one and all. Spread the good word.)
- I began to “tweet” and have had tweets favorited and reposted by several large and noteworthy organizations (including the Philadelphia Times and Philadelphia Zoo).
- I was nominated for the Liebster award for new blogs.
- NPR Books quoted me! (I’m geeking out over that one).
- I sent out my first picture book submissions and my first query letters.
- I’ve finished the 1st draft of 16 chapters of my chapter book.
- I joined the SCBWI and got the really official-looking membership card to wave about officially.
- I got on Pinterest, “pinned” a bunch of stuff, and still can’t get that excited about it.
It’s ALL a work in progress right now, but I never was one for baby steps once I set my mind to something.
Forget about set – let’s go!