This week, I could say plenty about why picture books are important.
I could make you a list of my favorites.
I could tell you about the ones I’m working on.
OR – I could take the combined wisdom and energy of many other wonderful bloggers, writers, and literacy experts and bring all of it here to you in the form of some handy-dandy favorite links!
Halloween wore me out. I’m taking the easy road this week.
- My favorite site for bouncing picture book ideas off of other writers: Susanna Leonard Hill’s Would You Read It?
- My favorite place to find books and educational resources for the littlest readers: No Time For Flashcards.
- The best place to go if you want picture book inspiration: Tara Lazar’s Picture Book Idea Month site.
- The top trainers to whip your rhyming picture book muscles into shape: The Meter Maids.
- The best site to answer the question: Why are Picture Books Important? Picture Book Month.
- Most Pin-tastic place for picture books by theme or age group: Pragmaticmom!
- Greatest Facebook-er to follow for picture book crafts and activities: Growing Book by Book.
- Favorite place to browse and buy picture books: Jazams in Princeton, NJ.
- Best list of picture books to give as gifts: What Do We Do All Day.
- Most awesome collection of picture book art: The Carle Museum.
- Greatest place to find videos of celebs reading picture books: Storyline Online. (Personal fave is Betty White reading Harry the Dirty Dog!)
- My favorite small publisher of picture books: Sleeping Bear Press.
- Favorite picture-book-giving charity/outreach organization: First Book.
- Favorite way to connect with other kidlit writers (and find all their blogs): SCBWI.
- Favorite place to read a new (or old) favorite picture book: check it out.
Click, explore, enjoy…and celebrate Picture Book Month with the ones you love!